Thursday, May 14, 2015

Chapter 4

What about Alex?

  Alex felt good with talking to Dr. Hussain. He started to look for people HIV positive to talk to them in his neighborhood. His neighborhood was not a neat place, there were lots of drug users, and some of them were HIV positive and even some had AIDS which means acquired   immunodeficiency syndrome. Alex found John. John were living in same neighborhood, but had to move away because of economical issues. John told he had HIV for about  probably 2 or 3 years. But he found out that he was positive 1 year ago. He had been admitted to hospital 1 year ago, because he was fainted and found alone at the street. People saw him called ambulance. He was diagnosed AIDS at this time.



Chapter 4

What’s AIDS?
   Alex asked John, “What the hell is this AIDS, bro?”.

    John sighed very sadly and told him, “This means acquired   immunodeficiency syndrome. If a person gets HIV, HIV starts to take possession of immune system of person and if the patient doesn’t get medication, this syndrome will probably develop. Patient becomes very weak and open to other infections. At that time i fainted, i was feeling very weak. I think i got this virus a few years ago before that incident. Because, i joined a party, there were drugs and orgy. I usually never join such parties, i was very drunk that night. I guess, i probably got virus that night. But i wanna tell you, every HIV carrier is not AIDS. It takes some time to develop. But the patient’s compliance is very important. I feel lucky because of my doctor. He was interested in me so much. He became like a friend of me. He called me almost at least one time per a week. I was very scared at first, but his attention made me relaxed. Why have you been asking me all of these bro?”

    Alex replied, “ I am probably HIV positive man. I am waiting for confirmation results.”

     John surprised, “Wow, how did you get test? You got health insurance?”

     Alex replied, “ I and my friend had an idea, we went to blood donation. They made free tests.”

John wondered, “ Why did you need to be tested about HIV?”

Alex sighed and said, “ I have been feeling very weak bro. I started to lose some weight. I am an IV drug user. I had a drug user friend died from this virus last year. I told Brian, my best buddy, my situation. He was scared too, because he used my needle one time.”  

John worried, “Oh sh.t, what is his result?”

Alex replied, “ Docs are not sure yet, he needs confirmation tests too."

John shook his head desperately, “ I hope he is negative. Oh man, what the hell is happening to us? Why are we living this life? Why do we need fu..ng drugs? Why the hell this virus exists?”

Alex started to cry, “I don’t wanna die bro. Help me..”

John hugged him, “Oh man, don’t be a baby. You should be strong. Don’t worry, if you take care of yourself well and visit your doctor regularly and take medicines on time, no need to worry brother. Relax…”

Alex wondered, “ But i don’t have health insurance bro, how can i get my medicines if i am really positive?”

John replied, “Search online and apply a program. There are some good guys helping us, man.”

Alex crossed his hands, “ Oh God, please help me. I have not been a good boy, never talked to you before but i need you so much, please help me…”


John didn't tell anything, and moved away slowly. Because Alex was crying and talking to God by himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment